Thanks for your interest in volunteering! We have a lot of different opportunities throughout the year and appreciate all the parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers who so willingly donate their time and talents! This is a great way to support programs that help our children grown and learn and also get to know your kid’s friends and teachers!
· Classroom Parents: We need a parent from each class at Sharpstein to be a liaison between the teacher and the PTA. Duties include checking in with the teacher to see if they have any needs, ideas or concerns. This parent would also be a point person to help with fundraiser competitions and encourage involvement from other parents.
· Stomper Fridays: Pop popcorn in the school popper the day before or morning of, hand out popcorn at lunch time. You will be the most popular parent at Sharpstein that day!
· Miles Club: Volunteer to come record laps run for kids at lunch time.
· Garden Club: In the Fall, volunteers are needed to work with each class in harvesting and using garden produce. In the Spring, volunteers are needed to work with classes to plant the garden.
· Fun Run (TBD): Help with the fun run and keep track of pledges and runners.
· Sharpstein Block Party (TBD): Set up, clean up, sell armbands, sell food, pop popcorn.
· Teacher Conferences (Oct/Feb): Contribute a dish to a coordinated meal for teachers staying late for conferences
· Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2th – 6th): Coordinate activities for kids and parents to give back and show their appreciation for our teachers.