As the principal, I support parent involvement! Therefore, I will strive to:
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication among parents, students and teachers.
- Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in the school and their child's education.
Maria Garcia, Sharpstein Elementary Principal
As a parent/guardian, I agree to:
- See that my child attends school regularly and on time.
- Have a home environment that encourages my child to learn by providing a space, providing work time and the T.V. will be turned off during homework or reading time.
- Be available to encourage and help with homework.
- Speak regularly with my child's teachers.
- Read to and with my child.
- Participate in a school activity this year, with my child.
As a student, I agree to:
- Do my best work everyday.
- Ask my teacher when I don't understand something.
- Be responsible for completing all class work and homework and return with a parent signature.
- Read every day.
- Attend school regularly.
- Behave well and abide by all school rules and resolve conflicts in positive ways.
- Develop respect for myself and others.
As a teacher, I agree to:
- Help each child grow to his/her fullest potential.
- Enforce school and classroom rules fairly and consistently.
- Maintain open lines of communication with parents.
- Provide an environment that encourages learning.
- Communicate to each student's parents about progress.
- Use techniques and materials that work best for each student.