School Bus Rules
OUR PHILOSOPHY IS: "We believe all students can behave appropriately and safely while riding on a school bus. We will tolerate no student preventing drivers from doing their job or preventing other students from having safe transportation."
Student passengers are expected to conduct themselves in the following manner when boarding, riding and exiting a school bus.
1. are under the supervision and control of the bus driver and will follow the driver's instruction promptly and respectfully.
2. shall arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the bus arrives.
3. shall go directly to an available or assigned seat when entering the bus and remain in that seat for the entire trip.
4. shall NOT extend their head, arms, legs, or feet through open windows.
5. shall NOT mar, damage, or destroy the interior or exterior of the bus.
6. shall NOT throw any object or material around the interior of the bus or out its windows.
7. shall NOT create unnecessary noise or confusion which might distract the driver's attention.
8. shall refrain from the use of profane language.
9. shall refrain from the use of any tobacco product, alcohol, or drugs.
10. shall refrain from carrying onto the bus objects that cannot be safely held on the lap or safely placed under the seat.
11. shall NOT bring hazardous materials, objects, and animals (except seeing eye dogs) on the bus; i.e. firearms, knives, breakable containers, etc...
12. shall NOT depart or board the bus at locations other than the assigned bus stop without written permission initialed by a school official.
13. shall wear light-colored or reflective clothing when going to and from the bus stop in darkness.
14. shall go 10 feet in front of the bus and wait for the bus driver's signal to cross when crossing the road is required. The signal the bus driver will use is to make eye contact with the student(s) and nod when it is clear for the student to cross the road.